The Burj Khalifa is world’s tallest building touching the sky in Downtown, Dubai, United Arab Emirates since 2010. Burj Khalifa itself holds some of world’s tallest and highest world records which are pointed bellow. It’s a living example of art, design, and architecture in the world. It’s construction was started on September 21, 2004 and completed in 2010 and till now Burj Khalifa is world’s tallest skyscraper since 2010.
There is no doubt Burj Khalifa is a figure rich skyscraper, figures which breaks preceding world records in structural parts and services in any building in the world from residence and corporate suites to at the top experience from outdoor observation deck.
Burj Khalifa is all around surrounded by hotels. All around looks fabulous to view from world’s highest outdoor observation deck. Here are the world records that Burj Khalifa surpassed.
World Records Holds by ‘Burj Khalifa’
Burj Khalifa is the tallest skyscraper in any of the man made structural body in the world and not only holds world’s tallest building record but also holds other tallest and highest world records pointed bellow.
- Tallest building in the world since 2010.
- Tallest free-standing structure in the world.
- Highest number of stories in the world.
- Highest occupied floor in the world.
- Second highest outdoor observation deck in the world.
- Elevator with longest travel distance in the world.
- Tallest elevator in the world.
Facts & Figures About ‘Burj Khalifa’
Some of the world’s tallest and highest world records are already pointed above. Here are amazing facts and figures about world’s tallest building Burj Khalifa which will amazed you.
- Burj Khalifa originally known as Burj Dubai and was renamed to Burj Khalifa in honor of UAE president ‘Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan’.
- There are 900 apartments in Burj Khalifa.
- It took nearly 6 years (2004-2009) to fully construct and officially open Burj Khalifa.
- Cost of project: $1.5 billon.
- It’s height is 828 metres.
- There are 162 floors and 309,473 m sq covered in Burj Khalifa building.
- Burj Khalifa has 37 office floors.
- Office space pricing at Burj Khalifa is about $3000 to $5000 per square feet.
It has 11 hectares park area.
There are 6 mind blowing water features.
Burj Khalifa has 3000 underground parking spaces.
It has 4-storey fitness and recreation annex.
Burj Khalifa has world’s second highest outdoor observation deck on 124 level at 452 m.
There is a dining restaurant at 122 level at 442 m height.
World’s second highest swimming pool at 76 level.
It has 144 Armani private residences.
Burj Khalifa can accommodate 35,000 people at a time.
It has 2909 stairs from ground floor to 160 level.
Burj Khalifa holds the record of 504 metres longest travel distance elevator in the world.
Daily supply of water at Burj Khalifa is about 946,000 litres through 100 km of pipes.
These are some of Burj Khalifa’s amazing world records, facts and figures which shows that Burj Khalifa not only holds the world record of tallest building but also beats in services any building has provided in the world.
If you have some more amazing facts about Burj Khalifa, then add them in comments.
Source: BURJ KHALIFA