Google recently announced the launch of its new Titan Security Key, a hardware authentication device designed to work seamlessly with passkeys, the emerging standard for passwordless logins. This new key offers several improvements over its predecessors, making it a compelling option for individuals and businesses seeking to enhance online security.
Recently launched a new version of its Titan security key can store passkeys directly on the device. This new key, called the Titan Security Key with Passkey Support, offers several benefits over previous versions:
- Passkey Support: The new Titan Security Key is the first Google hardware security key compatible with passkeys. This allows users to securely log in to websites and applications without the need for passwords.
- Cross-Platform Support: The new Titan key works with passkeys on all major platforms, including Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows. This means you can use the same key to sign into your accounts on any device.
- Improved Security: The key features an improved security chip and firmware, making it more resistant to hacking attempts than previous models.
- USB-C and NFC Connectivity: The key comes with both USB-C and NFC connectivity, allowing for wider compatibility with various devices, including smartphones and laptops.
- Increased Storage Capacity: The new Titan Security Key can store up to 250 unique passkeys, significantly more than older models.
- Sleek Design: The key boasts a sleek and compact design, making it easy to carry and use.
Here are some key features of the Titan Security Key with Passkey Support:
- Works with passkeys on Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows.
- Stores up to 250 passkeys.
- Supports USB-C and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity.
- Supports FIDO2 and WebAuthn standards.
- Battery-powered with a rechargeable battery.
- Compact and portable design.
This new Titan key is a great option for users who want to improve the security and convenience of their online accounts. It is currently available for purchase on the Google Store.
Here are some additional resources about the Titan Security Key with Passkey Support:
- Google Blog Announcement: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/13548313?hl=en
- Google Store Product Page: https://store.google.com/product/titan_security_key
- Android Passkeys Support: https://developers.google.com/identity/passkeys/supported-environments
- WebAuthn Standard: https://webauthn.guide/
Overall, the Titan Security Key with Passkey Support is a significant advancement in online security and convenience. By making passkeys more accessible and user-friendly, Google is helping to make the internet a safer place for everyone.
- How to Check if Your Passwords have been Leaked Online
- 20 Useful and Some Not-So-Useful Items You’ll Love for Your Home